FVLS Senior Manager, CPA, J.D.
- University of Texas – Austin
- BBA in Accounting
- University of Houston Law Center
- Certified Public Accountant – Texas
- Certified Mediator
- Financial Services
- Oil & Gas
- Forensic & Litigation Support
- Data Analytics
- Fraud Investigation
Thao has over 10 years of legal experience and 15 years of accounting related experience. She has advised clients on economic, valuation, and strategy issues related to intellectual property, general business, and commercial disputes. She has also designed complex, multi-million dollar damage models, is skilled in assessing lost profits and reasonable royalty rates, and has quantified economic damages on engagements involving antitrust, false advertising, patent infringement, copyright and trademark infringement, misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of contract, business diminution, and financial investigations. Thao’s past Corporate Counsel and litigation consulting experience within the healthcare field allows her to bring her vast healthcare industry expert knowledge to support clients in improving and optimizing physician practice economics, risk analysis and assessments, regulatory compliance and risk management services, and expert services.
Thao has worked with clients across industries such as healthcare, electronics, oil and gas, telecommunication, retail, medical device, computer hardware and software, mobile device, and biotechnology.
ASSOCIATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Member of the American Academy of CPAs (AAA-CPA) – Serves as Education Chair
- Member of the Association of Women Attorneys
- Member of the American Bar Association (ABA) – Patent Litigation subcommittee for Damages, Trademark Litigation, Women in IP Law Action Group and the Diversity Action Group Committee
- Member of the Houston Bar Association
- Member of the State Bar of Texas
- Member of the Asian American Bar Association
- Member of the Houston Intellectual Property Law Association
- Advisor for the TMCx Innovation Institute