International Tax Shareholder, CPA
- University of Houston
- Certified Public
Accountant – Texas
- Financial Institutions
- Manufacturing & Distribution
- Professional Services
- Real Estate
- Corporate Tax Planning & Compliance
- International Tax
Lien’s extensive work with multinational companies in providing international tax planning, consulting, and compliance services enables her to provide value-added services with an emphasis on efficient tax structure, risk management, and facilitating successful growth for a client’s business. Her 25-year career includes almost a decade at two Big Four accounting firms and serving as an in-house international tax specialist for publicly-held oilfield services companies.
Lien’s experience includes:
- Managing a multi-million dollar international tax compliance practice for the Houston office of a Big Four accounting firm serving middle-market and large multinationals.
- Working with in-country tax advisors in all theatres (EMEA, Latin America, Asia Pac) to enable global business owners and stakeholders to effectively manage global tax positions and enable strategic businesses expansion.
ASSOCIATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Served as Chairman of BKR International Tax Committee (ITC) from July 1, 2011 to June 30, 2015
- Received the BKR International Chairman’s Award for Outstanding Leadership and Dedicated Services to the Americas Region Tax Practice Group in 2011
- Has worked with firms in more than 150 countries
- Served as board member of The Entrepreneurship Institute – Houston Chapter
- Member of the International Tax Forum Houston
- Member of the Greater Houston Partnership International Business Committee
- Served as a mentor for a candidate for the National Association of Women MBAs (NAWMBA) for the UH Chapter for 2010-2011
- Featured as a guest speaker for the University of Houston MBA program on international tax topics